Friday 14 November 2008

Show me the money

£380 per month keep me out of the cold and the rain, and provide me with a latrine, a kitchen, broadband internet and two flatmates

£9.10 per week give me access to being shaken to senselessness in any amount of picturesque yet infernal red double-decker buses, for one week. They won't buy me access to the dreary rat tunnels under London, though

£5.00-£10.00 will furnish me with a jacket, pair of pants, shirt or indeed pretty much any other item of clothing at Primark

£2.20-£3.50 are the brackets for the usual amount I'm forced to fork out for a pint of lager in any pub/club

£1 is a pint of Carlsberg at the Goldsmiths Student Union pub on Tuesdays, or any 500ml can at an off-license store after 10pm

£1.10 gets me more pasta than I can eat in a week

£0.70 I can swap for a half-kilo jar of yummy pasta sauce

£0.30 provides me with 800gr of Tesco Value sliced bread

£0.10 I get subtracted for each minute of senseless mobile gossip and every 160 chars of text

£0.07 will buy me a sachet of Instant Noodles. (Sainsbury's Basics or ASDA SmartPrice. No relation to James Bond movies)

£0.01 I find on the ground every now and then. Nobody bothers to pick up pennies except me

£0.00 is what I pay for the fireworks I see every single night

£priceless living in London is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me get it: you're unhomeless and expenseful, right?

As for the pennies, take care of them and the pounds will take care of themselves, a Victorian middle-class would say.

In this area nobody bothers to pick up the cents (but me!),and I understand them: cents have practically no value when compared against the pennies! I gather local people here are wiser than those there :D

You said nothing about stationery, which means you still haven't entered one such shop:P

Yiyi said...

Pos la verdad es que dudaría de los noodles por 7 centavos, así como de la pasta que comes durante toda la semana, la verdad es que como sigas con esa dieta te vas a hacer un hombre de otra pasta, o si el destino lo quiere, un hombre de pasta...
Por cierto, por lo que te cuesta la ropa allí te recomiendo lavarla antes de utilizarla xDD
Ya veo que estás hecho todo un economista avanzado en tiempos de crisis, ¿quién dijo que no se puede vivir con 5 pounds en London? ¿A cuánto te sale el día si eliminas los gastos del piso y del transporte?

MakurA said...

Muy bien tío, uno de los posts más ilsutrativos e interesantes desde que te fuiste pallá.

Realmente me he hecho una idea de como va la cosa por ahí!

Aunque entiendo que algunos precios son rebuscando bastante, saber el precio way siempre mola =)

Scholarly said...

Ma: indeed, more expenseful than I've ever been. Stationery is terribly expensive, I just couldn't bear the sight of the figure on the page.

Yiyi: pos están pero que muy ricos, oye. No es que aporten una cantidad atocinante de nutrientes, pero quitan el hambre. Me presupongo q el día me sale a unas 6 libras si quitamos alojamiento y transporte (y dejamos comida, cervezas, móvil, gimnasio y gastos diversos como jabón y papel del culo). Esto me lo preguntas porque te quieres venir a parasitarme, no? xD

Maku: hay que joderse. Me saco un post de la manga en un plis entre ensayo y ensayo, para rellenar y que no se diga que no actualizo el blog, y resulta que gusta más que los posts que me curro a fondo. Oh tempora, oh mores...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I've paid £4+ for a pint.

Cool idea. Shame the devils of Mastercard marketing stole it off you a few years ago.

Laughing is also priceless - watch this video:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=0v7D_SirqTc