Monday, 17 August 2009

Delayed

For the first time ever, I was able to sleep before a flight. I even slept well. I woke up in time, did the last things I had to do, left early but in no hurry. It was a nice clear summer night outside. The moon was pretty, the crickets were singing. The bus came on time. The driver was nice to me. The next bus came on time. People were nice to me and smiled. When I arrived at the terminal at the exact time I expected to I knew something wasn't right. This can't be happening, I told myself. No last-minute rushes, no running down aisles loaded with bulky items, shouting at morons and jumping queues, no sweating, no panting, no stress, no panic. Too good to be true. Too perfect.

A perfectly engineered plan working out just fine. I started to panic. Something's wrong, I kept telling myself.

I started going over my to-do list and my to-take list. Surely I had forgotten my ID? No such luck. Mobile phone charger? Securely in my backpack. Maybe I left the oven on at home? Nope. Left the lights on? Not at all.

A sense of impending doom started crawling up my spine. My plane's gonna blow up, I thought. Or worse, instead of London I'll end up in Liverpool. I must have cancer. And swine flu. And AIDS. I'm about to be robbed, then murdered. No, murdered first. My eyes kept darting side to side, expecting the unexpected any instant.

When I arrived at the check-in desk, the relief was tangible, warm and wet. My flight was delayed 4 hours. "Oh, so that was it!", I cried and started dancing around, kissing babies and hugging old ladies.

13 comments:

MakurA said...

Estás colgado, tron xDDD

La verdad es que hasta yo estaba angustiado deseando que pasara algo malo =D

Te mandé un sms (no tenía internet), pero el Informe me dice que quedó fallido, así que aquí lo repetiremos por aquí:

Felicidades!!!!

MakurA said...

Me acabo de cosacar: Lunes 17 de agosto? Etiqueta Madrid? No me acaban de cuadrar las fechas, estuviste por aquí por entonces? (Yo estaba en Castellón, pero de todas formas me ha intrigado xDDD)

MasterMan said...

Muchas thx por las felicidades!! ;)

Tuve el cumple en Londres, como era de ley.

Pozí q estuve, pasé por Madrid post-campus, post-alicante, post-elche, pre-londres.

Ahora estoy en Edimburgo, post-londres, pre-cardiff. Lo sabrías si tuvieses Facebook xDD

Abrazote!

MakurA said...

Tendré que sobrevivir sin facebook, no vale tan barata mi alma internaútica xDDD

Ya ablamos por mail, que yo acabo de llegar de Egipto y estoy muerto =P

Guillermo - CEO Localyte.com said...

I just found your blog and want to invite you to join our exclusive Localyte network at no cost. By quickly embedding Localyte’s new widget in your site, you can immediately offer value to your readers.

I’ve built Localyte into an active community of over 30,000 local experts around the world who answer travelers’ questions for free. When travelers ask a question, they get an average of five personal responses from locals who share tips and secrets on their home towns. The travelers return again and again to read these responses, creating a unique opportunity for us to promote other products and services related to their destination.

With the Localyte widget on your site, you can also participate in 50% of the revenue we derive from your visitors who ask questions. And your visitors will never have to leave your website to ask their questions. That's it. It’s completely non-competitive and delivers great value to your readers!

If you’re interested in our widget, please just click http://www.localyte.com/getqwidget.php to go directly to the signup page.

This is an invitation-only offering, so please do not forward this to anyone else. However, if you know a friend that might fit well into this concept, please email me at guillermo@localyte.com with friends' names and emails, etc. and I'll reach out to them if there's a fit.

Thank you!

Guillermo Baensch
Chief Executive Officer
http://localyte.com
guillermo@localyte.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/localyte
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Localytecom/40815783907

Yiyi said...

Aceptaste la invitación del tipo del comentario de arriba?
Mira que si es así lo mismo hablo con él para decirle que se está perdiendo otro blog mucho más interesante ;-)

De vuelta por los Mandriles, me imagino, vero?

MR - SEO EXPERT said...

Nice Post
Vaishnavi Travels
Shree Vijay Travels
Vikas Travels
Aditya Tours And Travels
Shree Sahjanand Travels
Punjab Travels
Shree Hari Travels
Ashwamegh Travels Agency
Intercity Travels
Neeta Tours And Travels
Mahasagar Travels Ltd
Jamnagar Travels Pvt Ltd
Shree Parshwanath Travels
Patel Tours And Travels
Shree Khurana Tours And Travels
HK Travels
Rishabh Travels
Raj Travels
bus travel
book bus tickets
bus ticket india
Bus reservation
Bus tickets
Online bus tickets
Cheap bus tickets

EuGe said...

This post has become virtually ...ethereal. No news. As if the Where-the-Hell-is-Dani map of London were still valid.

Too much silence. No stimuli.

haha said...

Nice BLOG.................................................

EuGe said...

Nice blog eh, haha? Hahahahaha! I'd say it has ceased to be - THIS is a late blog. Well, why don't we look at it this way, EVERYbody can have their say, independently of its creator!

It's not fair.
Can anyone come up with a solution?

wsxwhx612 said...

涼宮春日的憂鬱 -
情色成人小說 -
嘟嘟情色成人 -
台灣情色成人網 -
3d 動畫美女遊戲 -
情色成人影片 -
涼宮春日 h -
情色成人影音 -
網路美女照片 -
涼宮春日小說 -
美女交友 msn -
涼宮春日小說 bt -
18情色成人網 -
明星性愛裸照 -
中國性愛城 bt 區 -
免費視訊美女 -
涼宮春日的激奏 -
18禁情色成人影音 -
1中華性愛 -
情色成人短片 -
中國性愛城 bt -
中國性愛城 -
性愛圖貼 -
免費視訊美女影音觀賞 -
人妖性愛 -
性愛真諦 -
色 色 視訊網 -
免費情色成人圖片 -
bbs性愛網站 -
台灣視訊美女專區 -

Raul said...

Surely we need a more up-to-date posting for us posting whores that can't get enough of your word sluttishness?

vishvabhraman said...

Nice article..

Online Bus Ticket booking
Low Cost Air Tickets Online Booking
Online Hotel Reservations
Holiday Packages India