Tuesday 23 September 2008

Stranger in a strange land

A calendar impossibility confirms it: I've fallen into a time warp tunnel. I'm positive I've been here for two weeks: I know it, I feel it in my bones. But out there in the real world, the planet has only spun three times. On the plus side, that means I've only had to pay for 3 nights' accommodation.

I'm in London. Should everything turn out right, I'll be based here for the next 10 months, enjoying (slash suffering) an Erasmus scholarship at Goldsmiths College, University of London.


This is a strange land, and I am a stranger here. Fortunately, so is everybody else.

For the next 10 months, I will probably be living, studying, working and breathing in this unbelievably dense spicy boiling soup of a million mysterious exotic ingredients. This might well turn out to be my most challenging adventure yet.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pues buena suerte, no?
Ya que la pides y para mí es gratis,
pues...
mucha buena suerte!!

Weno, ya irás contando más y los comments serán entonces mucho más fructíferos.

Nos cuentas.
Aleeee!

EuGe said...

Look closely,you'll see your ma's hologram projected on the dull London sky, watching over you!

In the meantime, I'm lovingly looking at our photos of you and wishing you good luck (they say we can induce good omens into the life of our beloved ones, and you know I'm prone to that, even when cooking...).
Take care.
Don't be a stranger.
ma